Healing from Loss and Grief
Living with the death of a loved one is heartbreaking and difficult. Our grief counseling and support services help guide the way to hope and healing.
Our licensed counselors and social workers and trained volunteers support people of all ages who are grieving a loss. Our hospice bereavement program provides support to grieving family members and friends of those who were cared for by Suncoast Hospice.
You are not alone. We are here to help you share your feelings, adapt to life’s changes and thrive in the future with peace.
Suncoast Hospice Grief Counseling
Trained, experienced counselors and social workers provide specialized grief counseling to those who are hurting from the death of a loved one.
For further information or to request an appointment with a grief counselor, please call (727) 549-7133.
Suncoast Hospice & Community Grief Support Groups
Our grief support groups are designed to provide you support after the loss of someone important to you. Grieving is a uniquely personal experience and many people find comfort, hope and strength by coming together with others to remember loved ones.
These groups are open to those who were under the care of Suncoast Hospice and members of our community who have experienced a loss. The groups are generally six weeks long and are facilitated by trained and experienced counselors. Registration is required.
We also provide educational workshops at various times during the year.
Please note: We recommend that you allow yourself at least three months after the death of your loved one before attending a grief support group. Often times it can be difficult to take in other people’s losses when you are in the early stages of grief. We offer individual grief counseling at any time throughout your grief journey.
Grief Resources PDFs
- Cognitive Emotional Experiences of Grief
- Cognitive Emotional Experiences of Grief-en Español
- Grieving: The First Weeks
- Grieving: The First Weeks-en Español
- Grieving: The First Months
- Grieving: The First Months-en Español
- Grieving: Pathways to Healing
- Grieving: Pathways to Healing-en Español
- Grieving: A Moment of Reflection
- Grieving: A Moment of Reflection-en Español
- Grieving: Your Healing Journey
- Grieving: Your Healing Journey-en Español
- Physical Aspects of Grief
- Physical Aspects of Grief-en Español
- Support Group Membership Guidelines
- Support Group Membership Guidelines-en Español
- Understanding the Process of Grief and Mourning
- Understanding the Process of Grief and Mourning-en Español
- What Do We Need During Grief
- What Do We Need During Grief-en Español
- Words of Loss
- Words of Loss-en Español
- Coping with the Holidays Checklist
- Coping with the Holidays Checklist-en Español
- Holiday Bill of Rights
Perinatal Loss Support
Community Grief Support
Our individual and family counseling, support groups, workshops and children’s groups and camps are open to anyone who is hurting from the death of a loved one, not just someone in hospice care.
The specialized focus is on unexpected traumatic deaths, illness and workplace crisis intervention. Support groups for coping with specific types of loss are six weeks long and offered at our community service centers and other locations in the community. Workshops for coping with grief during the holidays are offered during the fall and winter seasons. Children’s groups and camps and other specialized presentations are held periodically.