What is Suncoast Hospice’s Family Advisory Council?
Suncoast Hospice’s Family Advisory Council (FAC) is a diverse group of community members who have previously experienced Suncoast Hospice services and now volunteer as advisors to Suncoast Hospice on how we can enhance the patient and family care experience.
Why should I join the FAC?
You can help us improve our services and make a positive difference in the lives of hospice patients and their families through your experiences and sharing your unique perspective.
Who is eligible to serve on the FAC?
To become a member of the FAC, you must:
- Be a former Suncoast Hospice patient family member and/or caregiver (within the last five years)
- Be able to commit to bi-monthly meetings and serve consistently for a period of two to three years
- Share Suncoast Hospice’s commitment to excellence in patient and family-centered care
- Have a positive approach and the ability to share and see different points of view
How can I join the FAC?
You must complete an application and go through an interview. Space is limited so it is possible that not all applicants will be able to serve on the Council, but all applications will be kept on file as future openings occur. Please contact Samantha Hafner, Quality and Service Advocate, at SamanthaHafner@EmpathHealth.org or (727) 523-2137 if you have questions about the FAC or the application process.
Application Process Requirements/Steps:
- FAC/Volunteer Services Application
- Volunteer Services Review
- Background check form
- HIPAA Acknowledgement form
- Conflict of Interest form
- Copy of Driver’s License
- Four-Hour Volunteer Orientation – information will be provided to you by Volunteer Services once application submitted
- Photo and FAC volunteer badge creation at Empath Health Human Resources
Suncoast Hospice Family Advisory Council (FAC) Membership Application
Thank you for your interest in the Suncoast Hospice Family Advisory Council. Membership requires your successful completion of the registration process with Suncoast Hospice, a member of Empath Health, including but not limited to: a criminal background check, a formal interview process, a mandatory orientation, and – if applicable – a health screening, which may include Tuberculosis testing. All your information will be treated as confidential. (* represents a required response)