To give is to care. We’re so grateful for the many volunteers who give their time and hearts supporting our mission of life-changing care.
As we continue to expand our network of services to meet the growing needs of our Tampa Bay community, we need even more volunteer help. You can make a difference. Please join us.
We have an array of volunteer opportunities available for adults, teens and business or community groups at many times and locations in Pinellas County. Whether you’d like to help patients, families, clients or seniors enjoy a better quality of life or provide essential support in other capacities, you’ll find serving with Empath Health a rewarding experience.
We provide training to you at no cost, including initial orientation and any additional training you’re interested in.
Some of our volunteer opportunities include:
- SUNCOAST HOSPICE RESALE SHOPPES – Assist customers; do sales check-outs; receive, sort and distribute donations; price and test items or other help at our Clearwater, Countryside or St. Petersburg stores.
- BEREAVEMENT SUPPORT – Contact the loved ones and friends of hospice patients who’ve died – listening to the survivors’ needs and reminding them that trained bereavement counselors are available for support. Phone calls can be made from your home. You also may make home visits as requested by counselors or assist with paperwork and scheduling visits.
- SUNCOAST PACE – At our Pinellas Park day center lead activities (knitting, games, crafts, discussion, etc.) for participants, assist staff and participants with activities and meal times, or greet participants and help answer phones at front desk. Support participants in their homes through companionship, respite, running errands or escorting to appointments and outings. Communicate with participants and families on the phone – being a listening ear, learning of new needs and providing reassurance. Assist with administrative and computer work.
- WELCOME CENTERS – Provide customer service by greeting guests and connecting them to the staff they’re coming to visit at our Palm Harbor, Clearwater or St. Petersburg community service centers.
- PEDIATRIC SERVICES – Spend play time with patients and/or siblings while parents take a break at home; provide Reiki to patients; help with special events, including family fun nights and benefits; deliver food to families; as a doula (or birth companion) provide support to mothers and families during births in which their infants won’t likely survive.
For more information on our volunteer opportunities and training registration, please call Volunteer Services at 727-523-3440 or visit EmpathHealth.org.